We are looking for a full-time senior sales professional to join our dynamic business. You will love to sell and bring your awesome skills, bright personality and a passion for design as you work alongside our managers and support the junior members of the sales team. Must be available for some weekend work.
Essentially this person will act as a 2ic and will work alongside the managers as a key part of our passionate team.
- Work in a unique family business surrounded by art and design
- Work in a team passionate about exceptional customer service
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression within the company
About Modern Times
Modern Times is an Australian design destination that uniquely pairs contemporary Australian art and design with vintage European design furniture. Our showroom is based in Smith Street, Fitzroy.
We can provide
- Enthusiastic and tight-knit team with a big heart!
- An opportunity to work with beautiful unique products
- A chance to be involved in growing our local community of artists, designers and makers
- Ongoing training and development
- Performance-based incentives and rewards
You will need to be able to demonstrate
- Proven sales experience in like-minded businesses
- Enthusiasm to deliver exceptional customer service
- A passion for design furniture, objects and art and excited to learn more
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills including confidence negotiating
- An enthusiastic and friendly manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Aptitude for working with people and enjoying a close-knit team
- Confidence working towards budgets and KPIs
- The ideal candidate is enthusiastic with a can-do attitude – diligent, punctual and well presented
- Experience managing team members is preferred
Your responsibilities will include
- Using your awesome sales and customer service skills to achieve results whilst also providing an extraordinary customer experience
- Working alongside the managers to help run an efficient, sales-driven and customer-focused retail environment
- Building customer relationships and providing a great experience to guests in the showroom, providing upbeat and understanding customer assistance.
- Assisting the team in the day-to-day running of the store
- Working with the managers to ensure all retail admin is completed in an organised, timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring the store’s visual appearance meets guidelines, helping with merchandising and inventory management of the showroom
- Working closely with the owners and Modern Times team as necessary
Please include a cover letter with your resume and address the following questions:
- Describe Modern Times to your friend, what is our business about?
- Tell us about a memorable sales experience you have provided.
- Tell us why you would like to join the Modern Times team.
*Please note we will be accepting applications until the end of January and starting interviews in February.
Apply Now via Scout.