We are looking for a Retail Showroom Manager to join our dynamic Art and Design business. Passion for supporting your team, fostering a positive business culture, setting your team up to succeed, and leading by example is key to this exciting role.
- Work in a unique family business surrounded by art and design
- Work in a team passionate about exceptional customer service
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression within the company
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- 2 years previous store management experience in a likeminded business
- A passion for training and developing your team
- Leading by example
- You are highly organised, focused, results driven and with an attention to detail
- The ability to work flexibly within the business as needed and assist other team members in their roles
- Clear and consistent communication skills when dealing with customers and the team
- Previous experience working with budgets and KPIs
- An understanding of visual merchandising principles
We can provide:
- Enthusiastic and tight-knit team with a big heart!
- An opportunity to work with beautiful unique products
- A chance to be involved in growing our local community of artists, designers, and makers
- Ongoing training and development
- Performance-based incentives and rewards
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the sales team in a unique and creative business
- Fostering the MT culture of friendliness, respect and gratitude
- Ensuring exceptional customer service is consistently provided to maintain the memorable Modern Times experience
- Building, nurturing, and maintaining relationships with existing and new artists, designers, A & D clients
- Using your style, creativity to ensure the look and feel of the showroom meets business guidelines
- Managing the day-to-day running of the store as per business guidelines
- Maintaining all communication and systems to the required standard
- Training, supporting, and developing your team to work to the highest standard possible
- Liaising with the rest of the Modern Times team to ensure the business is running smoothly
- Working to budgets
- Completing weekly and monthly reporting, reporting directly to the Operations Manager
- Conducting monthly sales team meetings
- Staff recruitment and training
- Providing feedback on how we can continue to improve our business, brand, and customer experience
Please include a cover letter with your resume and address the following questions –
- Describe Modern Times to your friend, what is our business about?
- Tell us about a memorable sales experience you have provided?
- Tell us why you would like to join the Modern Times team?
- Tell us about your favourite artist or designer.
Apply now via Seek.